Yesterday morning...this was my orchid's first bloom!
Yesterday morning...
...this was the view from my living room!
After two weeks of March's Spring-like weather with rain...
we woke to find the yard blanketed in snow once again.
Not very deep...but puffy and bright...
...and in the far tree...guess what was in my sight.
~ photos enlarge ~
His form was obvious...perched up so high...
His reason for being there...I knew why.
He quietly sat viewing the snow covered field....
...searching the span...for what it might yield!
Suddenly...he flew away...
giving up...until another day.
Yesterday's snow left just as quickly too.
Today the gazebo...was sporting Blue!
The Bluebirds returned...I knew they would.
It's Spring!!!
~ ~ ~
It's been nice enough for several walks through the woods.
This creek is directly behind the house.
There are two others...one to the north and one to the south.
At least that's how I speak of them!
While walking alone last week...
I took these photos of the tree...that Alivia and I found last Spring.
It's hollow and one could actually crawl through...
"IF".....one wanted too.
These are just photos of fallen trees...
changes that take place...season to season.
On the path home...
a large log sprouting a little moss...
a hummingbird tree(?)...
a bench full of nut shells left by the squirrels...
and ornamental grass...cut back by Herhusband!
Meals that keep us working and walking...
Baked pasta dishes...soups and salads...
Stir fries and veggie burgers.
Spinach ravioli...veggie sausage and apples...
Oriental noodles with mushroom sauce...
Pasta with Mexican theme...
Baked potato with Greek yogurt and sun-dried tomatoes.
Peaches on pound cake...Blueberry muffins...
Greek yogurt with bananas and granola.
Poppy seed muffin with cherries and Dutch apple pie.
Desserts....help with the energy it takes...
to walk up and down...all the hills in the woods.
On this walk to the south creek...
I saw grandson Dylan with a friend far below.
I followed them for awhile...
...then went off on my own.
Not much new that day...just more fallen trees...
some on the ground...
...some hung-up...high...
...some lay across the creek....like a small bridge.
In the creek itself...one can find
rocks with stripes and little pyramid shapes...
spooky faces...almost like 'The Scream'...
rocks that have split and large ones under fallen logs.
A few heart shapes can always be found.
Some need a little more imagination than others.
There's five below!
Granddaughter Alivia accompanied me on a walk one day.
We walked to the creek on the north side...
and spotted a black ladybug on the south side of a tree!
~ photos enlarge ~
With Alivia...one always ends up walking 'in' the creek...
under and over fallen logs.
We found this rock lying on a log...
maybe I placed it there last Fall and forgot!
I left it...to see how long it remains.
Alivia was given a camera by her big sister...Amanda.
She took photos of things we saw...
fallen logs with strange patterns...
and foot prints of a raccoon...
while I took photos of her.
There's not much going on in the woods just yet.
Just mostly hues of browns and grays...
except for Alivia's pink and green.
There is the occasional sunny blue sky...
and the rainy days are coaxing the green...
from the ground and fallen logs too.
I will soon have yellow Daffodils...
the green of Naked Ladies and Poppies in bloom!

















56 comments:
Oh, another lovely walk with you. Thank you so much for taking us along on this calm and peaceful walk.
I see the humming bird tree. beautiful picture of the hawk, Red shoulder hawk?
Great walk, and your food! Looks fantastic, would love to drop by one day, bit far unfortunately.
Slowly but surely, Spring is on the way and I love to see the transformation.
Your Orchid is glorious...your walks are delightful.
☼ Sunny
Beautiful walk to see the signs of spring! Your last collage showing all the new growth is beautiful. I'm looking forward to seeing some spring color here.
I so enjoyed this post Wanda, just to see the green popping through the ground and Miss Alivia in a hoodie jacket made me feel happy. I still have 6 feet of snow in my back yard and it is still very cold here. So nice to know that at least my friends are getting signs of Spring. Your meals look delicious, in fact I think I will have a baked potato tomorrow and put greek yogurt on it, that sounds so good to me.
Always enjoy walking through the woods with you and your granddchildren. Sending big hugs to Alivia and much love to you and Richard.....:-)
Wonderful my friend. Spring is truly in the air. Love your orchids. How I wish I could grow mine but its so hard. I tried growing once but I failed:(.
Have a lovely springtime.
xo
Absolutely wonderful, Wanda. You live in a fairytale place! Thank you for sharing so much beauty with us :)
Hello Wanda.
Your purple orchard facing to your camera is very beautiful.
The appearance of the flower looks like you in the photograph on your side bar.
I enjoy so many findings through your walk, and particularly the last photo makes me pleasant. It is gorgeous sign of spring!
Your various meals always make my stomach full and keep me walking too!! So delicious! The dish with peaches on the pound cake catches my eyes too.
Lastly, thank you for your sympathy to the people of Japan. It is very sudden natural disaster. My mother, son’s family, brother and sister who live in Tokyo, and some of my close friends who live in east of Japan. I have heard from them that they are safe. However, all the Japanese share our deep sorrow・・・grief.
Your orchid has a face!
Did the hollow tree make you think of the Statue of Liberty, or is it just me?
I love all the tree pictures. I love ALL the pictures...
Alivia's growing leggy, isn't she!
The perfect walk, 'conversation' and background music Wanda. I always leave your posts feeling life is good. May it be so again soon in Japan.
Ah, it has been too long, I have missed your walks. They help keep me sane in a not so sane world. Thank you.
I am pleased Alivia has a camera so she can be like her grandmother. That was a neat gift from a cool older sister.
You really should open a restaurant. Your meals are so unique, delicious looking and healthy. They make me want to do better.
Wanda, the orchid bloom is so lovely and your coating of snow is so pretty! The Bluebirds are spirit-lifting, aren’t they? Your menu is quite varied – that’s great! Love the pic of Alivia the Photographer! She has a wonderful role model in you. I can. not. wait. for some green here!
Your walks in nature are always so wonderful. I especially love the hawk and the beautiful hearts, which you always include. Thank you so much!
Dear Wanda,
As weather takes turn warmth and cold, you seem to getting closer and closer to spring. Orchid, ladybird, bluebird, crook reflecting blue sky, green of moss and young plants.... everything tells it’s almost springtime. I love your gazebo and imagine how you'll spend there with flowers and greens at least in a month. Your cooking always make my mouth water for substantial, delicious and healthy meals. All in all, you filled both my heart and stomach with so many nice things.
With best wishes for spring,
Yoko
Beautiful! The food made me hungry! ; ) ((((HUGS))) T
My orchids inexplicably bloomed all winter and are now on the way out. I loved seeing your new bloom. What a difference a day makes in March! We are up to our elbows in snow but melting is supposed to begin tomorrow. I loved seeing you're ground bare and waiting. And the birds. We are waiting for the first robin. And the food just nourishes and comforts.
Thank you Wanda for another great tour in your wonderful place. The snow-photos are so beautiful. And the walk through the forest and looking at all the stones you've found. It's amazing how you find heart-shaped stones everywhere. And then there is suddenly one with hollow eyes, looking like a scary ghost!.... I love your food!!Delicious. Uhmmm!!.....
I loved the hawk and the impressive flight from the tree.Such a beautiful bird.
That was a fine trip into your world, once again! I loved it.
Grethe
HI WANDA-
I so loved this walk about your beautiful nature land with a promise of SPring adn WInter still hanging on. It was wonderful to see you and be with you and celebratre your life and world and all that is good and life-giving in it. "thank you"
Love Gail
peace.....
What wonderful photos ... thanks for taking me on your walk ...wish I was as fit as you. All the hearts you find are amazing ...I wonder how many I miss. Your food always looks wonderful too ...must try some of your recipes.
Thanks for the lovely walk. It won't be much longer before those trees are showing their green colors again.
Going on your walk with you helps. It's not a pleasant day here in Seattle, and I'm longing for a walk in the sunshine.
Great photo's. The weather has been crazy here. Snow one day, the next day it's almost melted. Rain then. Pretty much everything. We might go into the high 50's later in the week. I can't wait until the real spring is here, ha.
Your woods and creek remind me so much of where my sister and I played when we were Alivia's age. No computers or video games, just our imaginations and fresh air.
Our weather here in S.Ontario seems to alternate between rain and snow, but it is fairly mild.
Your spring flowers will soon be in bloom..
hugs
xx
Beautiful! I love Bluebirds and knew you would find hearts.
The food looks absolutely delicious!
Joey
A magical walk through the beauty and serenity of your woods.
Your food mosaics slayed me this week. I'm going to show up one of these days and just move in. In a silver friend becoming gold kind of non-stalking way...(don't worry!)
You bring me peace. Thank you for that.
Hello Wanda, A blooming orchid and snow - I thought that only happens in CO! Alivia is growing so tall - she is an intent photographer. The heart mosaic is wonderful as is the one you left on the mossy log. I'm excited for your greenery to bloom and to see your returning birds. It was good to walk in the woods with you once again. When I saw the Falcon, I immediately thought of your Mother.
I love the picture of the log reflecting in the water, awesome! Your food makes me hungry, even if it's time to go to sleep now. Loved this post, as always!
Lovely Wanda. Wish we had bluebirds, a favourite of mine. So far in flower there are daffs, crocus, gorse and heather, narcissi and others like Christmas Rose, so I hope we're finished with snow although we seem to get yours within a few days or a week. There was a slight frost one night last week, may be our last. We certainly need spring to gladden our days and warm our hearts presently, in which you've played a part, thanks ♥
Hi Wanda!
Your orchid is so stunningly beautiful!
And I enjoyed all the hearts along your paths...
Your delicious dinners and desserts too~
{Isn't Greek yogurt soooo wonderful?!}
The hawk photos were a treat! I love to spot them... but not too close to the feeders!
This year, it's my goal to attract bluebirds. They are not seen in our neighborhood... too many trees/ not enough open space?
... but a good feeder with treats might do the trick!
Have a wonderful new week, Wanda ~ wishing you peace & joy
♥ Maria
I always enjoy your walks. You live in a truly beautiful area. I would love to see it all for myself. I especially loved the birds. The snow scenes, the woods, the moss - everything is so lovely.
Oh how I love to visit you...it must have something to do with your lovliness and gentleness, the way so many heart shaped things gift themselves to you...
Thank you so much...
With so much sadness and ugliness in this old world, it's so nice to come here and be reminded of the joy, and the beauty, and the Blessings in this world.
Your blog posts are always soul-renewing.
Thanks for such beautiful reminders, and thanks for sharing your world.
Love and Prayers,
Eileen
Lovely words and images, Wanda. Coming to your site is always such a welcome relief from the madness of the world.
Love your walks, so lucky that your flowers are about to bloom. hugs.
As usual I love the discoveries found on your walks Wanda and wondered if the grandson and his friend knew that you were there?!
Your meals look so delicious, I want to be invited over!
I've been seeing Blue Jays around here too, a pleasant sight!
I think it's wonderful that Alivia is taking such an interest in photography like her Grandma. So nice that you both have a hobby to share! I will be looking forward to the green in your post Wanda, I suspect it will be there soon!
Love Di ♥
That last grouping has the welcome signs of spring.Always a good sight to my eyes.
The food looks delicious. Almost makes me want to cook again. Almost.
Thank you so much for identifying my Tillandsia for me, Wanda!!! I have added a postscript to my blog post, relaying the information to prospective readers :)
I'm additionally thrilled, as I'll now be able to give it the appropriate care and attention, instead of the hit'n miss game I'd been playing with it up till now ;)
Hugs,
Des xoxo
Spring is awakening and it is looking gorgeous. Here we're hanging on to the last couple of weeks of greenery. Soon it will all disappear although some things will still grow and flower.
I always enjoy walking with you in the woods. As always thank you for sharing you beautiful world. Aliva has growing so tall.
I hope your husband is doing well.
Take care.
Smiles.
Another incredible day at Wanda's! I see Alivia is growing up and has the gift of curiosity from you, Wanda. The orchid is incredible! I've heard they're good to keep in the bathroom because of the steam, moisture, and light. Maybe I'll try one like yours! The gazebo is so delicate-looking covered with frost. And how magical to discover so many of your totem hearts! I'm sure it's your family's way of sending love-thoughts to the Japanese. Thanks for the glimpse into your very special life, Wanda. It always makes me happy. Love
Hello Wanda,
So we get to watch Spring come to your neck of the woods once again...I love it!
As always wonderful photos and narrative.
Hugs,
Janet xox
Thank you for another lovely walk and look into your life Wanda...wonderful food posts and hearts too :o) I hope hubby is doing well...keep thinking spring! March and April are hardest for me here in SD soooo tired of winter and it isn't over until May...
Hi Wanda,
I love your spring snow. Just light enough to make everything look so beautiful, but fleeting enough to know that it's spring. I can see the hearts clearly :)
You know I can never come here without leaving hungry... your meals always look so yummy. Happy spring Wanda!
I enjoyed the “virtual” walk in the woods with you. We had a long walk today too. We visited daughter and her family near Nashville and a beautiful botanical garden there. Our two grandsons (4 and 2) seemed to run everywhere at top speed – what energy. There were so many flowers and flowering trees that I could not stop taking pictures. Then we came upon an orchid show – such delicate and outstanding flowers. Walk in nature and gardens give us serenity again – and we need it.
As always, a beautiful and serene walk with you, Wanda. Happy Spring!
This gorgeous post is everything March. Great pictures. Inspiring words. I loved the hawk shots. Coopers or sharp-shinned or something else?
Hello Wanda
I enjoyed your walk and I loVe the heart rocks. The food looks So good, I could eat the pictures!!
Have a great week.
Best
Tracy :)
Good morning Wanda, I have officially welcomed Spring! Our faces our tanned again and my daffodils are about to pop out. I planted some white ones too, excited to actually see these beauties.
Warm wishes for a wonderful new week! xxxx
Geee Wanda, I love this post! It's so relaxing and peaceful. The music is perfect.
The food looks wonderful!
xoxo, Lisa
Yes, sometimes the best moments are in our own back yards.
Popping over to say Hi Wanda!
Wishing you a lovely Thursday and a sweet weekend.
♥ Maria
It was lovely seeing all of the pictures. Very calming and soothing :) All the meals cooked by you look like a great deal of hard work, polished off in minutes :-) Hope your husband's feeling better now. Loads of love to you ♥
So peaceful. Lovely to see spring happening in so many parts of the world. We are slowly getting there.
Have a loveliest of weekends, sweet Wanda. I hope you get to play a lot with your pretty grand-children. xxx
Hi Wanda. You won the photo cards with your super guess of tie #6! Here's my email swag08@usiwireless.com
Post a Comment