Returning from dropping grandsons off at school this morning...
a stormy, but beautiful sky created a rainbow above the field.
In my haste to get photos...
I'm thankful I didn't run into this frequent visitor.
He frequents the back yard as well. I failed to get a photo
of his rising on back legs to feast on leaves.
He doesn't stand in one spot for long...
tracking and chasing the does keeps him on the run!
Most mornings the past few weeks have been sunny.
The mild season created warm Autumn colors in the leaves
and plenty of reasons for me to take breaks with hot teas!
One particular morning started with a promise of sunshine....
....which eventually turned to blowing wind and rain.
Many of those warm colored leaves were brought down.
Some mornings were hazy....with dew drops dressing the field.
Just before Halloween....
a witch appeared next to my and Alivia's 'unofficial' mailbox....
which overlooks a spooky area.
Alivia and a friend came 'very' cautiously to the mailbox
to retrieve a gift I had left.
Hiding behind a tree...I captured the scenes.
~note the little white ghost~
After getting the goods and escaping...her mom standing nearby....
mentioned she should go back and 'close' the door.
Reluctantly she closed it with a quick firm push...
which set off the little scary screaming ghost.
Alivia and her friend...both ran screaming!
Every morning hasn't been mild...
a few have produced frosty fields...
but there were beautiful skies still.
Icy crystals outlined everything from leaves to deer paths in the field.
On one of those chilly mornings....
deer gathered to eat acorns under the Oak trees in the front yard.
Her husband and I gathered for a few meals....
sharing them with Granddaughter Katie occasionally.
Rich desserts were few....fresh fruit and teas would have to do!
This past Monday morning on the way to school drop off....
50 some perched vultures were passed on the way!
Returning home I found the field in a seven o'clock blaze!
Other days....
an old pepsi bottle was found by son Steve and left by a tree...
while a white tree fungus and red mite was spotted by me.
A few things found on walks lately were a little puzzling.
Two hand sewn bags were found on different days.
One was empty and the other filled with beans and then a
little black cat entered the wood shed on Halloween.
One morning a few Bluebirds, who have been gone for over a month...
showed back up at the birdhouse they once knew as home.
The woods are still changing....
the golden leaves of the Beech trees have now....
....all turned brown....
...one Beech has even fallen over to the ground!
This tall Oak now stands naked without it's golden leaves....
...and
the squirrels have eaten every last red dogwood berry....
without even saying please!
But then....
Deep into Fall....I do get to view sunrises like these.
~ Happy Fall Days ~
~ ♥ Wanda ♥ ~























56 comments:
Adopt me....
vultures! Yipe...love the squirrel picture too.love your photos.
Just gorgeous Wanda! And I think you should start a food club for me. Just send me some meals on the days that I work so I don't have to cook o.k.?
I'll send you my address!! LOL!!
Love to You.....Di ♥
The fall has spread a gorgeous palette of colors over your property, Wanda. I love the frost mosaic and the glittering grasses. I had to smile at how the witch frightened Alivia - Amanda would have been cautious, too! Perhaps one of our Japanese friends will know what that calligraphy means on your muslin bags. Last but not least, I'll have a slice of the cake while you may eat the fruit. (Don't worry - it will only be one slice for a treat...)
Oh those naughty squirrels :) I am amazed at the beauty of the sunlight shining through the trees. It seems like your seasons always some on time while we are still struggling with almost summer temperatures.
So beautiful! The skies, the autumn leaves, and the food.
Autumn is such a gorgeous time of year. I am glad the I did get to see the colors on the trees this year. I was snapping away!
As always thank you for sharing your world.
Looks like Alivia got a trick AND a treat ;)
Yes, it still looks like fall where you are, Wanda... though winter will come soon enough... enjoy it!
ps-could you fed ex a couple of those yummy meals?
:)
Your fog pictures are especially wonderful, but they are all great! What a lot of work this must have been, and I do so appreciate all of it! :-)
Hi Wanda
what time does school start that you are returning at 7am? It seems very early.
I have enjoyed these late autumn views with animals and birds. The frosty images are my choice today...the leaves like a slice of lime dipped in salt for a tequila...
What a lovely fall series of photos and collages! I love the squirrel collage, but the best is the story of the witch and Alivia and her friend. How little girls love to be "frightened"!
A beautiful post, Wanda, and what a marvelous imagination you have, - I did enjoy the girl's adventure with the witch, - and yours too. I'm sure you enjoyed it just as much as they did. Lovely photos, lovely food, - thank you for sharing, - it's been a nice visit....
What a lovely selection of photos from your days, beautifully done.
Such a wonderful set of photographs, autumn is well advanced here too but we haven't had any frosts yet. It's such a beautiful time of the year isn't it?
I want you to know how excited I am when I see you have posted. I know I am in for a very calming, visual treat.
I am still convinced you should open a bed and breakfast(lunch and dinner also) with guided tours of your lovely grounds.
Got tickled at the girls and the witch.
A most beautiful series of images, Wanda! You have captured autumn in a most lovely way. Each and every photograph is exquisite! From the glorious sunrises to the stunning bluebirds revisiting their old nestbox ... and the mouthwatering food. Oh my! I oohed and ahhed while scrolling through this magnificent post! Beautiful in every way!
Wanda, you filled us with the warmth, the beauty, and the glory of the changing season to winter. I like the glistening dewdrops, light filtering through the trees, the frosted leaves, deer standing on the fallen leaves, needless to say the gorgeous autumn foliage and the sunrise. I would scream if I were tricked like Alivia and would smile if I were treated by those delicious dishes and desserts! I have increased appetite in autumn.
The Chinese Character 泰 means “peace” or “tranquilty”. It looks like “otedama”, a fabric beanbag, which used to be sewn by grandmothers from the leftover of cloth, usually colorful or patterned. Children play juggling them in the air. But, maybe I’m wrong, as it is made of white cloth and looks a bit square.
Happy fall days to you, too.
Yoko
It's been another relaxing and beautiful walk through your photos. It is so peaceful looking at your scenery. I always enjoy my visit here.
HI WANDA - as always, I so enjoyed walking about your 'nature-land', so beautiful and the food? Like I said, I would weigh 500 pounds were we to be neighbors :-)
Love Gail
peace...
Wow, your pics are amazing! I'm not much of a photographer. But my daughter is really good at it. You can always tell on my blog which pics she took and which ones are mine.
Sandy
I love the music. What is the name of that song? It goes sooo well with your posts, which I do so enjoy. I have to get all settled before I start. Nice and comfy to enjoy the woods, and the animals, hearts, grandkids and spooky witches, beautiful sun rises, sun shinning throug the trees on a nice crisp fall morning...so beautiful, so calming, so much enjoyed by us all. ... debbie
This is just glorious! Wanda, I stayed so long here because you inspired me to go out in the morning mist and take photos!! I've just come in with wet pyjama bottoms after walking through the dew in my sandals!
Unfortunately I don't have the pleasure of your music as I'm too far away.
Have a lovely day,
♥from Oz,
Alaine
My heart is full with the beauty of your woods. ♥
Hello,Wanda.
There are so many wonderful things to see in your garden. The rainbow, the deer, the birds, the frost morning and more…they are so lovely!!! The various natures around you make your walk more beautiful! Your photo of dew drops over the field is so splendid. I tried to take photos of drops over rice fields last spring, but it was very difficult. They were blurred though I wanted to take decent photos of them.
The Chinese character" 泰" is a beautiful word. As Stardust mentions, it means “Peace”or " tranquility". It is pronounced “tai”. The character is often used as “安泰”. It means secure and peaceful and is pronounced “antai”.
Here, in Nara Many leaves are turning autumn. I enjoy walking nearby too!
Have a lovely weekend, Wanda!
from Tomoko.
I'll have to enjoy the changing seasons thru your eyes now Wanda, now that I'm in Florida. I love the witch shots/story! And the cute squirrel...I've seen a couple here, one zips down my BIL's back fence, too fast to get photos. They're grey here too, unlike the red ones in S Dakota.
The first photos are so evocative of our November sky. How did it get to be mid-autumn, Wanda? Didn't the season just begin? The streaming sun, the setting sun - it's all such a wonder, isn't it? Did Alivia grow 6 inches?
I can't believe all the vultures and the BUCK oh my goodness my husband would have a stroke and start to cry at his beauty! He is long past the stage of hunting for deer as a sport, he now just admires them and their strength. I think that happens when you get older. The witch was so funny! I think I am going to have huh-honey build a mailbox and put it in the teeny tiny back yard for the grandies to check when they come. It will be so much fun to see my little 3 yr. old run to the box! I will send you a pic! Just another project for him to do. You wouldn't believe the condo bird houses he has made, they are beautiful! Now to get them sold!
Wanda...Thank you, my friend.
I got it. Thank you for sending.
Hugs and love,
Jackie
Boy Wanda, I have to tell you Lizzy and I just love your photos! They are just the best. I got a big kick out of Alivia and her little friend those were the cutest!
Hello Wanda
What a peaceful walk! I thank you for sharing.
Take care and have a great week end.
Best
Tracy :)
Hej Wanda! Another beautiful walk with you. I love all those photos, every single one of them. You're just fantastic. I have enjoyed it so much.
Thank you.
Grethe `)
I love your last photos showing colorful hues in your sunrises. I am a late person and rarely see the sunrise – I need to get up early but we are in such woods that it’s hard to see a great piece of sky. Isn’t autumn lovely this year? We still have so much gold and red trees around here – it seems the leaves don’t fall very fast. I looked at your great food pics – those biscuits looked very yummy – here I would eat them the way it’s done in the south – with sorghum syrup.
Your posts always contain so many enchanted sights that it is a feast for the eyes to visit.
Alivia's friend's feet made me laugh!
I love the deer pictures. I love to see deer in person or in photos. They're so pretty and smooth, with such pretty eyes. Your buck looks very slender; he must be doing a LOT of tracking, and good for him. He's a handsome one.
Hi Gramma,
I loved seeing the pictures of Alivia at the mailbox--Mom told me it was so cute how they ran screaming!
I keep making your pictures the background on my work computer, but every time I shut it down and start it up again, it goes back to default: black. I'll have to find a way to get around that!
It's kind of creepy that you found those bags--I wonder what the writing on the bag full of beans means.
Well, I am off to work on a short story. I've started three and can't seem to get anywhere lately. I love you!
Gorgeous pictures as always. What I wouldn't give to have seen those vultures! Thanks for my Sunday morning inspiration.
Deer, witches and the scariest of all...frost.
Fun, Alivia's face - she wasn't completely sure grandma had been up to tricks. I haven't seen a stag down here yet but we've had plenty of rainbows aswell. I love comparing given that we're on a similar latitude. I'm inspired to be more serious with my camera now. Absolutely wonderful Wanda.
...Wanda, you have so many beautiful photos here! I especially love the series with the frost-tipped leaves and the series with the autumn trees with the sunburst showing through. Also...the photos of your granddaughter cautiously approaching the witch by the mailbox is adorable!!!
WOW you always do such a nice presentation. Wonderful pictures!
Blessings
Visiting you heals my heart.
Seriously.
I look at your photos, I dream a bit, I read your words...and the stress starts to fall away.
Lovely as always Miss Wanda.
You are such a joy!
Goodmorning from a chilly Athens Wanda!
Your new post is so enjoyable and resembles a good painting that you contemplate to find inner peace and a bit of hope. You have truly inspired me to add more photos of my surroundings also, but with little Theodore, I have my hands full already:-) I will be back to enjoy the smells of your food, the glow of your sky and the breeze that brought you, thankfully, to my blog...
Love
One thing is for certain, Wanda....you live in the loveliest spot on earth and you EAT well!!
Your pictures make your place seem like Paradise!!I am wondering how you take the shots of your deer? I see them on our property too and have tried to take them twice in the past week. I am just too slow. By the time I get the camera, they are gone. The story told with photos of the girls, Halloween and the mailbox is too cute!!
Hi Wanda!
I'm actually here for another visit, but am realizing that I never left a comment the first time... just listened to your playlist all evening long ♥
I actually went to iTunes and downloaded "Ordinary Miracle" this week. Thank you for the inspiration!
Your autumn photos are just gorgeous... each one an "Ordinary Miracle!"
I almost cried to see those bluebirds and would be in seventh heaven if some came to my yard!
I think we're all too close here for bluebirds. I did see them on my way home from work last spring. I pass some lovely fields and one flew over the road and into the field. It caught my breath!
Wishing you a lovely, lovely week!
*Maria
you sure can make your camera talk... what a beautiful series of pictures. your home looks so inviting. but with all those deer i wouldn't want to ever move. speaking of deer... i saw my first buck about two weeks ago around the corner from my house. it was in an open field all alone. all i had was a point and shoot with me so the pic isn't near as good as it would be with my good camera. but still... i saw a buck... hope all is well. have a great day~
Very impressive pictures Wanda.
Awwww sweetie, I'm so glad I fell right into these beautiful fall pics!!!
Yep, the bluebirds here are buildin' nest again...after raisin' three broods already. What's with that???
God bless ya and have a delightful weekend!!! :o)
Thank you so so SO much for sharing such wonderful pictures with all of us. They were a treat for the eyes and the senses. I honestly feel like making the sunrise and sunset pictures my wallpapers, if I have your permission.They are SO exotic. I really wish I can see such beauty for real someday :-)
A very Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family Wanda :)
Wanda~
I am always enchanted by my visits here. I truly feel I have walked aound your home and looked at 'your' sky. Your lovely food pictures make me ashamed of my same-old, same-old. But inspire me!!!
Have a lovely Thanksgiving my friend!
~Debra
I feel as though I've been transported into a children's book of fairytales! If you could only know the sense of absolute peace, joy and magic your exquisite posts produce in me, you'd be asking for a visitor's fee ;) I have said this almost every time I've visited since discovering your phenomenal blog...you live in the most beautiful world, but more notably, you have such a deep connection with it all and you genuinely appreciate every tiny detail. I honestly find you to be one of the most inspiring, loving souls I've encountered, anywhere, Wanda! Thank you for another truly spectacular offering of those ultra special moments of yours! Big hug xoxo
Just answered your comment, and was re enjoying the glorious rainbow you posted...
lots os love
from a sunny and cold Athens!
Wanda-
Thank you so much for your comment. I am blessed by it, and I know I will go back to read it again, and copy it out in my journal.
~love & Grace...
Debra
Hi Wanda,
bet you forgot me and my regular visits.
I have been absent from here for quite a long time now, but I seem to have started getting back on track and will be posting as soon as I can.
Thanks to your wonderful images and the background music that got me back the muse .
Wonderful posts as always.
Such a beautiful world you live in, one so very different from mine in many ways. Your photos tell the story of your world, as do you words.
I so enjoyed these beautiful photos...I always leave here feeling content and oh so lucky that you share these glorious scenes with us.
Just lovely! Such beautiful, beautiful photos of tranquility. Thanks so much for sharing the wonder.
Wonderful, I read mesmerised.
I've enjoyed your latest entry Wanda, am glad I get to enjoy autumn/winter seasons thru your eyes, Blog now. :o) I love the big collage of food shots! And that heart cloud, how neat is that?! I find the mail art very intriguing. Another charming peek into your life, thank you! :o)
Post a Comment