Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Colors and Camouflage

Tuesday morning...I was up before sunrise...
having coffee on the porch...



but soon I found myself in the yard
taking photos of the sky...in the dark...
alone in the black dark!





I even went into the field alone...
my bravery surprised me!
~





The clouds looked as if...
they were exploding toward me...

from their base...






of pink and blue...






and the colors quickly spread across the sky.






By the time I got back to the porch...
a wind had had blown in much cooler air...
and I was getting cold.

~





Just as well,
.
because I had grocery shopping to do...
.
our refrigerator was empty
.
"reeeally" empty!!!






Empty because it "quit" working...
It was 13 years old and I loved it!
It's black!





it sat across the end of this extra hallway
...but it had to go...




and replacing it wasn't easy...
but we did.


This is what sits here now...
and it's "reeeally" black
it looks like a big black beast...
to help tame it we put
a drawing done by Dylan on the door...





and my mother-in-law's pig and
a few chickens on top...






and camouflaged it from the back!






and filled it with food...
so I guess it will do.




The falling leaves have kept us busy too,
this enormous pile is from the front yard
most of it will be composted.




There are still leaves hanging on the
Oak trees in the front yard though...





and the leaves in the back yard
haven't been touched,
but Herhusband keeps clean water
flowing back there for the birds...



and I still have some parsley hanging on
out back...



just like the leaves
on the Oak trees out front
...and
guess what I saw through these
same leaves.




Look closely...





It's The Good Year Blimp flying over!

~enlarges~


Then walking over after school one day...
were grandsons Andrew and Dylan.
Dylan walked the length of the drive
with his face covered...
or you could say...camouflaged!



But I got him here!




followed by Andrew!




Another day Alivia came over to spend some time!




Alivia loves to read...sitting or lying down!
She likes pink a lot too!



I haven't been on walks deep in the woods...
because it's hunting season...but from the back
yard you can see fairly far through the trees...




that's where I spotted this Buck and Doe...
on the far hill...they're camouflaged...
so enlarge the photo to better see!



They had been down in this valley and
surprised me.
Note the hollow tree....


This is the same hollow tree back in May...
where Alivia found her buried treasure


It's pretty in the brown...It's pretty in the green!
This winter I will get it in Snow!






59 comments:

Andora said...

Oh I love the sky pic...and the new frig is really nice...and what a buch of leaves..we have been dealing with abundance of leaves to..the deer look so pretty...I know hunting season comes around every year,but I just can't hardly bare the thoughts of it..I love nature so much that I just couldn't..can't wait to see the old tree in the snow...It is great that your grandkids are just accross the way...take care Wanda..love your post..

Delwyn said...

Hi Wanda

I love that you were up so early taking photos. I woke the other night at 3.30am and couldn't sleep so got up and made a cup of tea and noticed the moon. My husband asked me a few days later what on earth I was doing outside that night...he should have guessed...

How often do you refill that big black beast...

The trees in the front yard do look lovely even though they are almost nude...

Happy days

June said...

So much meat here to chew and savor, Wanda . . . that I'm going to stop now and come back to enjoy more. For now let me tell you how uplifting your dawn sky pictures were to me this morning.
It's a brand new day . . . every single day...

Diana said...

I've been up since 5:00a.m. and knew that you would be up too! And silly me, I really feel for the old empty fridge photo. I thought "Gee Wanda has less food then we do!", Nice job camouflaging and decorating it Wanda.
And I couldn't help but notice " Junie B. Jones" that Alivia was reading. I love reading those books to Sarah. And seeing your handsome grandsons coming down the road must have made you fell good, especially since you had gotten the fridge filled!
Even with the nakedness that fall is bringing Wanda, your yard is still lovely as ever!
Love Di

Wanda..... said...

*I agree Andora about hunting...at least we only hear a few during the season! Thanks for coming by Andora!


*Delwyn, I'm up everyday before sunrise...a habit I enjoy. Refilling won't happen often! I like your words "black beast" better...stole them! :)

Wanda..... said...

*Thank you June, my photos don't do the sunrise justice...it was beautiful!

*Diana, your comment made me laugh, but no spilt coffee! Those grandsons come over to raid the refrigerator I think! Thanks Di!

T said...

what a lovely sunrise and the pictures are beautiful!

Arkansas Patti said...

That empty fridge reminded me too much of ice storms and power outages. Those times of year when mine gets a good cleaning out.
Liked seeing the fully stocked new one.
So glad you have left the hollow tree and enjoy its seasons. I'm sure it provides homes for all sorts of creatures.
As usual, enjoyed my walk with Wanda and family.

Bonnie Zieman, M.Ed. said...

Wanda - I just love coming here. Your posts are a peaceful view of what I perceive as a fulfilled, blessed life. We receive a little glimpse of a life well lived and appreciated. Ah, the joys of a sunrise, a warm cuppa, wildlife in our backyard, a full fridge and best of all grandchildren running up the driveway.

Thanks for spreading the comfort and peace of your way of life beyond the confines of your home.

Eileen said...

Such a great post, Wanda.
All nature's beauty, and your beautiful family, and filling us in on your life. This was wonderful!
Of course your photography is beautiful (as always!), and I appreciate so much you braving the dark alone to get the sunrise for us! It seems so peaceful on your porch, it must be so nice to sit there when the weather permits.

And thanks for linking to Alivia's treasure hunt, I hadn't seen that one before (I guess I hadn't found all the villagers yet?), that was a wonderful post! And I can't get over how Alivia has 'matured' in just a few months. I had to go back and check the date, I thought it might have been last year, she really looked so much more like a little girl then.

I enjoyed this post A LOT!
And I like your new fridge (I think we have the same one in white in our back room, it is BIG, but I love all the storage it affords!), and the Good Year blimp was a great shot (we should all snap a picture of it when we see it!), and I have the same wind chimes. Don't you love listening to them? It reminds of Church for some reason.

Thanks again, Wanda.
Love to you,
Eileen

Rebecca said...

Watching the sun rise with you was "Wandaful"!

That first picture with the mug in the foreground really caught my attention. And each one that followed was more lovelier than its predecessor!

I'm glad you have a trustworthy refrigerator now. Ours has been groaning a lot lately, prompting me to set back a little of my grocery money when I can for the time when it will need to be replaced.

May peace continue to prevail in your heart and home during this season of thanksgiving and transition into winter.

Gail said...

Hi Wanda-

your gorgeous, vibrant photos of that spectacular sunrise took my breath away. WOW!!

I really enjoyed watching the sky explode with color.

Nice refrigerator! :-)
ANd it really warms my heart that your grand children wander over and visit. It is a really happy Hallmark movie - right here, right now.

Love you
Gail
peace.....

Grizz………… said...

I finally made it here to check out your take on yesterday's sunrise sky. Really lovely shots—almost as pretty as the real thing. Not much of a sky for either of us to photograph this morning, though.

Like the new fridge and the deer shot. And I'm especially pleased to see someone else doesn't have all their leaves cleaned up and moved to the compost pile…or is that where they'll be staying for the winter? I still have several piles to deal with—after these rainy days.

Wanda..... said...

*Thank you T for visiting me, I wish you well in your new endeavor!

*Hi Happy...I love that hollow tree!

*Thank you so much Bonnie, I just left your lovely post. My life with family, friends and nature is what it's all about for me and this blog I guess!

*Hi Eileen...thank you for your appreciation...even of the "beast" photos. Like Jayden, Alivia is growing up fast! I love wind chimes and have them all over the place...even in the yard!

*Hi Rebecca...I questioned whether to use the coffee cup photo or not, so thanks for enjoying it. We noticed evidence of thawing and refreezing earlier this year and things slowly got worse...I hated to see it go though.

*Thank you so much Gail...the sun rise was beautiful, even Grizz(Scribe) did a post on it...and I do love and appreciate having the grandkids close.

*Hi Scribe, this morning certainly was a different picture...a little fog and a little rain...some of the leaves stay there and some go to the garden area in the field.

Loree said...

Looks like winter has pretty much arrived in your parts. We're having cloudless, sunny skies. What the locals call the Summer of St Martin. I don't think it will last long ... but then, sometimes it seems to last all 'winter'.

Bernie said...

Wanda, I know you enjoy your early mornings but oh way to early for me. I love your photo's, ones of the sky and sunrise are lovely. Like your new fridge, does black show fingerprints?
Alivia is sweet as always and it is so nice the grandsons are able to stop in for a visit....love that they are close to you....big hugs to Alivia.....:-) Hugs

Wanda..... said...

Thanks for stopping by Loree...hope your winter in Malta will be a nice one.

Hi again Bernie...it's had 6 days of use and so far no finger prints. I couldn't say that about the old one though...prints were much more obvious on the stainless steel refrigerators in the stores, except for the ones that only had a "fake" stainless steel body.

Tranquility Speaks said...

It is such a pleasure going through all of these pictures. Instills SO much peace in me! Haven't seen much of Alivia lately. Missed seeing her pictures :-) Your pictures are a window to the world I wish to see some day :-)

Sniffles and Smiles said...

Your sunrise pictures are absolutely breathtaking!!!! I'm so glad you ventured out, and captured them for us!!! Such a peaceful way to begin the day!!! Wish I could have joined you for a cup of coffee on the back porch...and had a little taste of your paradise!! Love you~ Janine XO

P.S. your grandkids look like super kids!!! ~J.

Penny said...

I have been up early too, but to turn on early hoses as we are back to 38C today far too hot but there is still some green around.At the moment would trade for rain. Such a lovely post.

Debra said...

Your blog is just so beautiful...I feel loved coming here!
Beautiful granchildren too.
~Debra

Anonymous said...

Very nice post. Isn't it odd how the refrigerators just do their job and set there until one day they stop and are gone out of our lives forever. It is something like a puppy or a kitten. I enjoyed the collection of photos you posted today.

Unknown said...

Another beautiful sunrise. I never get tired of the sunrise or sunset. Funny how you become attached to a fridge isn't it? This was a fun post today that you did. Love the grandchildren coming to visit with you, I wish I were closer to my sweet peas. (sigh) I can see why Alivia loves to come and visit and curl up with a good book! smiles across the miles...

Wanda..... said...

*Thanks Stillness, there will be more of Alivia soon. I'm sure you will travel he world someday.

*Thanks Janine, I know I like stopping by your "coffee house" and the grandkids are pretty super!

*Thank you Penny, I enjoyed your lovely current post of your countryside!

*Thank you for such a nice compliment Debra.

*Well thank you Abe...it's true, I hated to see it go, it's hard to believe I was attached to a refrigerator!

*Hi Linda, the attachment affected my ability to pick another one...we went to 4 or 5 different stores.

Jackie said...

Wanda...
We are on the same wave length...in many ways.
Hello, to you, my friend. Good to see you and hear from you. Your photos are beautiful, as usual.
I smiled as I looked at Alivia reading. There's nothing that makes one smile quite a large as
Junie B. Jones. Tell her she has great taste in authors!!
Wanday...the freezer portion of my refrigerator 'died' this week.
Sears is coming in the morning to help make it feel better. We contemplated buying another one...but this one is not that old....a stainless steel side by side....and I just hate to spend the $$ getting another one...sigh...so, we're going to spend the $$ to get the compressor fixed in the freezer.
So good to be here....thank you for a lovely blog....the photos, the music...the sentiments....all beautiful.
Smiles from Jackie

Maria said...

Hi Wanda! wow... some of these photos would be great for a Sky Watch Friday post!!! Haven't seen a blimp one... ever!
Fabulously Fun!
Sunrises are always a gift...no matter why we're up early!
Have a wonderful weekend, Wanda!
~Maria

Claudia said...

I love taking a morning walk with you. You have inspired me to semi-limp (ankle improving) into the park and just look amazed at the sky and then there's the lake, a scant two blocks away. Your sunrise, clouds, and empty fridge all bring smiles. The filled fridge and family visiting brings true happiness.

Wanda..... said...

*Hi Jackie, all my granddaughters loved Junie B.Jones books.
We bought the fridge on Veteran's Day, at a 20% off sale and discovered my husband being a Veteran, we would receive an extra 10% off, 30% less of our money sounded good!

*Thanks Maria, dawn is my favorite time of day, makes me feel good to see and hear it, even gray days.

Wanda..... said...

Thanks for visiting Claudia, glad you can get around better. Broken ankles are no fun, but...food and family are! Hope your Thanksgiving is good...enjoy the Italian food platter, you inspired me to have one here!

Barb said...

Hello Wanda,
I'm writing you from center-city Salt Lake - the internet connection is not the best, so I hope this gets through. I was waiting for you to post - figured Life is full for you this fall. Now I guess you're preparing for T-giving. I love the first photo where the sunrise reflects on the table. Also love Dylan and Andrew coming up the twisty lane. Alicia and Amanda are so similar - both love to read and could live in pink! Sweet! That fridge looks like it belongs to a good cook. Have a great Family Holiday.

Margaret Pangert said...

Hi Wanda! you lead such an active life, it just amazes me! To catch that entire sunrise was a feat in itself. Thanks for letting us hear the pretty wind chimes--so calming, gentle. I hope you don't have to buy food often with that huge frig! It holds a lot! We've been working steadily on leaves, too. There are always those few stubborn trees who wait until the other leaves are gone! I wonder what the Good Year blimp was doing there! You were quick with the camera! I loved the clues for the Treasure Hunt (I followed the link). What a great, fun idea! I am so happy for you and the good life you've made for yourself and those around you! It's beautiful, Wanda. xxox

Rae said...

This is such a great blog. I love your photos. The sunrise progressive photos are fantastic. I even like your new refrigerator. I bet it cost a bunch to fill up all that space. Nice post.

Wanda..... said...

Thank you Barb...you, Diana and I, all three have granddaughters with similar interests! Enjoy your trip!

Thank you so much for your very appreciated words Margaret! Some of those stubborn leaves hang on all winter.

Gee, Thank You Rae! A lot of the space is filled with spices and such which had been temporarily held in a spare fridge downstairs, did not have to really start from scratch. :)

The Retired One said...

Your sunrise was so pretty too!! Your grounds and countryside are beautiful. I am like you...we stay away from the woods until hunting season is over. I am so glad the deer found some safe haven on your property!

Anonymous said...

I love these visits to your world Wanda. I have a black fridge too, but it's only got two small shelves and a crisper drawer and a freezer underneath with three drawers! It has food waiting in case daughters arrive unexpectedly. Glad you were brave going into the field for those photographs but don't go catching cold will you. Take care. X

Intelliblog said...

Ahhhh... Now I feel better after my little dose of tranquillity while reading your blog, Wanda, especially as the wind chime is blown by the breeze.
The autumn trees and the morning light look beautiful. You are fortunate living in such a beautiful area.
Now off I go to work in the big, hot, smoggy city!

Jientje said...

Missed walking with you, I really did!
That fridge looks very inspiring to me. PLEASE forgive me if I'm tempted to explore it and make up a menu for that one8 LOL!

Wanda..... said...

*Thank you Joan, nothing compares to your lake and local area!

*Thanks Lizzie, I try to keep things the grandkids like too, there's always muffins, pizza and pretzels.

*Nicholas thank you so much for visiting and leaving such nice comments.

*Jientje, I am so glad you are back home, missed your photos and you can explore my fridge anytime.

Teresa said...

Hi Wanda, I really loved your post today, especially the sky in the early morning. I think nothing is more beautiful than sunrise, and the promise of a brand new day.

I want you to know I am doing ok. I have been sick with the flu, and I decided to stop blogging, as it has caused quite a 'stir' in my family. It seems some family members have been following for quite sometime. They say I have been using my blog to 'bash' them. I love my children with all my heart, and would never hurt them intentionally. I will stop by and visit every now and then, to catch up. ((((HUGS)))) T

R Sweetapple said...

I can't wait to see the tree in the snow! :)

Wanda..... said...

Hi Teresa, it was so good to hear from you...maybe e-mail me!


Hello R...I'm almost looking forward to snow myself!

Teresa said...

Hi Wanda,
I do not have your email address... : (

T

Brenda said...

Wanda, Once again, I don't have words enough for your post. I am going to link a post of mine to your blog and this particular post. Beautiful indeed!

Dee said...

Hi Wanda, I am happy you visited my blog and left me a nice comment. Thank you for taking us with you on your early A.M. photo walk. You have a creative eye.I think your fridge is very nice, my niece has a black one and I have always liked it. Please visit me again sometime, now I am going to go an explore some more of your blog. Blessings. Dee

Dee said...

Hi, It's me again...I just noticed you as a follower on my blog (see me blush.) I am honored to have you as a follower and I always consider a follower my friend. I look forward to getting to know you as we visit back and forth. I am also pleased to know you have a super hero named Nathan in your life. :)

Wanda..... said...

*Thank you so very much Brenda!

*Thank you Dee, I look forward to visiting with you too!

Kerri Farley said...

Nice new fridge! LOVE your sky shots!!

Jain said...

Hi, Wanda,
Catching up after a busy work week. What a pretty dawn you captured! I remember taking the puppy out that morning: 4:00 wasn’t too bad but it was noticeably cooler by 5:30 (not much sleep these days!). Enjoy your weekend!
Jain

Sniffles and Smiles said...

Dearest Wanda,

Thank you for your lovely and warm words this morning...It means so much to me... I just wanted to stop by to say that your friendship will be one of the special blessings I thank God for this Thanksgiving...Have a wonderful Thanksgiving day with family!!! All my love, Janine XO

Wanda..... said...

Thank you for visiting Kerri and commenting!

Thank you Jain...walking puppies at 4am, you are as bad as me! :)
Enjoy your Sunday Jain!

Thank you Janine...your post deserved nice words! i wish you a wonderful Thanksgiving too!

Bernie said...

You truly have an artist's view of life. Your photography could and should win prizes. What a gorgeous sunrise! And your comments as you go along enhance the enjoyment of your photos.

I love your posts. They are extraordinary. I think the main feeling I get from them is a sense of peace and happiness and calmness. I am in awe of your talent. I just can't say enough about how I feel about them but I try. Thank you for them. Admiringly yours Bernie (Is that a word?) It is now.

Bernie said...

I know you miss your mom. Please try to remember the good times that you had with her and be happy in the knowledge that she is in a better place even tho you wish she were here where you could see her as she was. She raised an exceptional daughter and I am sure she is happy for what she sees.

Anne said...

Hi Wanda,
Finally getting around to commenting on your blog. I have been very busy. The pictures of the sky are so beautiuful! Wow! Once again, I love your blog! It is one of my favorvite places to come to in blogland.
Thank you for your visit to my blog. I always like it when you visit.
Wishing you a Happy Thanksgiving with your family.
Take care.

Janean said...

just found your blog! wonderful sky photos...all of it was great.

Teresa said...

Hi Wanda,
You can find me here:

http://mysterri2me2.blogspot.com/

Hildred said...

Hi Wanda
Thank you for coming to visit at Lucinda's suggestion. I popped over to see your blog and am so impressed with your beautiful pictures, your grandchildren, and your lovely friendly comments.

And I especially like the little videos at the end of your postings.

I am scrolling down looking for your rainbow.....

Wanda..... said...

Dear Bernie, you are so kind with your words regarding my blog...I sincerely thank you!

Thank you Ann(Choices) you along with Bernie and Teresa were my first blogging friends, thank you!

Janean, thank you it is always nice to have new visitors!

Welcome back Teresa!!!

Thank you Hildred and Charles, I am glad Lucinda introduced us. The rainbow is at the very end of the page.

Jann said...

Wanda, another fabulous, touching, personal post, I love it!

Wanda..... said...

Thank you so much Jann!